Tag Archives: Torgu Parish

Sõrve Lighthouse | Saare County, Saaremaa, Estonia | 4 July 2017

Gabriel Oxenstierna first founded the Sõrve Lighthouse in 1646 but it was destroyed in World War II. Located on the Sõrve Peninsula, its replacement was built in 1960 standing 52 metres tall and 53 metres above sea level. Here the long stretch of sand, pebbles and purple flowers complement the view looking back at the monolithic and towering structure.

For Further Information:
Web: https://www.visitestonia.com/en/sorve-lighthouse
Web: https://www.puhkaeestis.ee/et/sorve-tuletorn

© Tony Blood – Sõrve Lighthouse, Saare County, Saaremaa, Estonia. 4 July 2017